Saturday, November 17, 2012

Recipe #44 Roasted Artichokes

I noticed that I should be at a higher rate for my posts for new recipe a week and I realized I hadn't posted one of my recipes (I will blame Fiesta in Santa Barbara for that).

I actually made this one in August, it's just a side dish.  Very easy and quite good.  I had fresh artichokes from the farmer's market and grilled on the grill.  I made a light mayonaise sauce with lemon juice, garlic and oregano.





Basically I trim and quarter my artichokes and slowly boil them until tender. I let them cool completely down, then I pull out the choke and prickly leaves. Place the quartered artichokes in a bowl, drizzle olive oil all over, place grated romano cheese between the leaves along with salt, pepper, finely chopped garlic and fresh parsley.




 
 Place them on a hot grill turning them over until the cheese gets crusty and garlic cooks, it just takes a few minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment