Monday, November 5, 2012

Recipe #41 Wild Rice Casserole

Sorry, I'm late with the post - I was a little busy last weekend celebrating Melanie's birthday (she started working for me 25 years ago), walking the Alzheimer's Walk (raising money in honor of Mom) and going down to Sherman Oaks to see my good friend Joyce's daughter Alli in a two-act play.  Getting Our Acts Together: November 1-11
I found the recipe from Pinterest, but it's a Paula Deen reccipe.  I substitued (what's new) some ingredients because I was too lazy to go to the store.  It was good regardless of my substitutions and fairly easy.  Served with a tossed salad and a nice chardonnay.  Happy Cooking!


Wild Rice Hotdish - Adapted from Paula Deen

1 box Uncle Ben's Wild Rice - original (I used TJ's wild rice mix)
1/2 lb. ground beef (we used extra lean)
1 bell pepper, diced (we used half purple/half yellow)  (I used green pepper)
1 recipe homemade cream of mushroom soup  (this was easy, but I didn't have mushrooms)
~1 C shredded Colby Jack cheese (I used shredded Mozarella)

Cook the wild rice according to package directions.


Brown the ground beef (I used frozen leftovers). Then, add to a 9x9 baking dish.
 

 
Saute the diced peppers in 1/8 C chicken broth.

 

 




Then, combine the rice, beef, peppers and half of the shredded cheese. Stir well.



Then, pour over the cream soup and mix well.  (Made the homeade soup without mushrooms, but used the hamburger pan)


 

 

 
 
Top with remaining cheese and bake at 325 for 30 minutes until cheese is browned and dish is bubbly.
 
 
 

Yummy!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment