Thursday, January 10, 2013

Recipe #52 - Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken



Well, ladies and gents - I did it.  I made at least one new recipe a week for the past year.  This may be the only resolution that I have ever kept.  This will be the last post, so hope you enjoy this one.  I first saw the recipe on Facebook from a high school classmate of mine, Marian.  It was from a site called "Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen" and was first posted in August of 2011.  This one is sooooo easy and so good.  I made it for my book club last evening and it was a big hit.  I made as is and served with a salad and on a bed of fluffy white rice.  I am getting out of this blog thing just in time.  They changed the way you post photos and I don't get it.  Happy Cooking!


CROCK POT TERIYAKI CHICKEN
12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
6 tablespoons cider vinegar
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 1/2 teaspoons cold water
Hot cooked long grain rice



Place chicken in a 4 qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Place liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into liquid and stir until sauce is thickend.
 Serve with chicken and rice.


1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm...love teriyaki! Gonna get me some chicken thighs for acrock pot day ; )

    ReplyDelete