Friday, October 19, 2012

Recipe #39 Amazing Pork Tenderloin in the Slow Cooker


It's my the 30th anniversary week of my moving across country to Santa Barbara.  Woo Hoo!  I also need to give a shout out to my Detroit Tigers (to those of you who know me well, yes, I do care a little bit about sports).  It's also still debate time so needed a recipe that was ready to go, but I couldn't stand another casserole so it was time for a slow cooker recipe.  I found this recipe on All Recipes. com.  What I liked about it is that it cooked the pork more like a roast vs my typical shredded result.  I also used pork tri tip instead of pork loin.  It was great, served with cheesy mash potatoes and a Green Giant side of cheese vegetables.  Only took a couple of pics because there were so few ingredients and not much prep.  I added flour to the juice to maake a gravy at the end.  My crock pot has a meat probe which kept the cookig time perfect.  Happy Cooking!
 
 
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 4 Hours
Ready In: 4 Hours 15 Minutes
Servings: 6
"A simple pork tenderloin recipe for the slow cooker with flavors of a fancy feast! The roast soaks up the wonderful flavor combination of onion, red wine and garlic, all of which come together at service to make a delicious au jus."
Ingredients:
1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1 cup water
3/4 cup red wine
3 tablespoons minced garlic
3 tablespoons soy sauce
freshly ground black pepper to taste
Directions:
1.Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet. Pour water, wine, and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat. Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible. Sprinkle with pepper, cover, and cook on low setting for 4 hours. Serve with cooking liquid on the side as au jus.


Nutrition
Information
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Calories: 180
Amount Per Serving
  • Total Fat: 3.7g
  • Cholesterol: 65mg
  • Sodium: 918mg
Amount Per Serving
  • Total Carbs: 5.8g
  • Dietary Fiber: 0.5g
  • Protein: 24.5g
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2012 Allrecipes.comPrinted from Allrecipes.com 10/19/2012
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2012 Allrecipes.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment